20131125

Thanksgiving Leftover Croquettes



Sooooo, I'm Dutch. I have a whole bunch of leftovers from Thanksgiving left.
What am I to do?!
Make a croquette of course!


What might making a leftover croquette involve, you may ask.
Not much.
A croquette is simply a fried ball of mashed potatoes and meat. Since we have have mashed potatoes, turkey, and stuffing left over, why not use them all right?

So heres what you do:
Mix a tablespoon GF flour with 2 cups cold mashed potatoes, then take a little bit and flatten it like a pancake. Add a dollop of stuffing in the middle, and a few shreds of turkey. Fold the potatoes back over the filling, and roll into an oval.
See >>
You can make them however large or small you want, I made them exceptionally large for no other reason then that I was too lazy to make a bunch of little ones. But, I would prefer little bite size, appetizer sized ones.


After you've put the balls together, roll them in bread crumbs, then in a raw scrambled egg, then in bread crumbs again. (p.s. I used crumbled Rudi's stuffing mix for the bread crumbs.)
Next, drop them on hot oil for about 3-5 minutes, or until outsides are golden.
Try not to let your oil get too hot, to where you scorch your first item into the frying pan, thus turning the oil black for all future use.
Frying things is not one of my special talents.

The outsides of these little snacks should get nice and crisp, while the insides stay warm and velvety.
Yum.


Enjoy!
Stay tuned for more Thanksgiving recipes!



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!