20131124

Thanksgiving Leftover Casserole



I know, I know, Thanksgiving hasn't even come yet-but it's time to dive into the leftovers.
For me on this special Thursday, I tend to spend all day cooking up a storm, only to barely eat anything once meal time comes around. Seriously, I'm not ever actually hungry on Thanksgiving. 
What that tends to mean, is that we have a mountain of food left over. 


Growing up, my mother always made a leftover casserole the day after Thanksgiving. Its almost as tradition, as the traditional meal itself. All thats needed for this casserole, is your main leftover ingredients. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and gravy. 
When I was little, as I have stated before; I was not a stuffing fan. So with this meal, there was a lot of groaning and whining served up as well. I usually was left eating around the stuffing, to get the mashed potatoes and meat that were untouched by the stuffing. I'm not sure how I ever made it through childhood...but obviously I've changed my tune on stuffing ;)


 To make this casserole, Layer accordingly:
Top with gravy, and bake in 350degree oven for 30-40 minutes.
Thats it! All the hard work has already been done the day before!



 Enjoy! 
And keep tuning in for more leftover recipes!



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!