20130503

Roasted Red Pepper Quinoa with Roasted Tomatoes




Quinoa guys.

I love it. Nobody else seems to.
Why?
I don't get it.
Because its bland, they say. There is no flavor to it, they tell me.
Do you eat pasta all by its lonesome? Couscous or Rice?
I don't think so.


If you need some convincing on quinoa. I have the dish for you.
Its full of flavor, so don't even say its not.


Why is this quinoa so full of flavor.
(I keep feeling the urge to say "flavor-town" name where thats from!)

Roasted red stuff. Thats why.

Its so simple to make this quinoa dish, and its sauce.

Its super saucy.

Here are the secret ingredients:


Thing 1, 


Thing 2.

Know what they are? Can you tell from these awful, low lit photos?

Roasted red peppers, and roasted cherry tomatoes.
Roasted tomatoes with garlic are my new best friends.
I may be eating some right now. You will never know.


Roasted red pepper sauce is also my new friend.

The wonderful Ari at the Diva-Dish made this sauce for a pasta dish a few weeks ago, and I knew I had to make it in some form or another.

You know how much I love me some pesto, in any flavor or form.
This is basically the same recipe as regular pesto, but made with roasted red peppers instead of a basil.



Here's the recipe guys:


To roast the tomatoes:
 Halve 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, and add 2 cloves garlic minced. Toss with olive oil until coated.
Cook on a baking sheet, in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes.

To the roast the Red Peppers:
Either cook on baking sheet in 400degree oven about 30 minutes (until soft and charred)
or
Roast over stovetop flame, turning over until each side is charred and softened.
Place in a ziplock bag, while warm, and let it sweat for about fifteen minutes.
for further, step by step direction go to the diva-dish: here.


Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I am the only one over here who likes quinoa. Except for how it gets stuck in my teeth. Ew.

    ReplyDelete