20130501

May is Celiac Awareness Month


Hello lovers,

As some of you may know, May is National Celiac Awareness month. Today I changed my status on Facebook, posted a message on Instagram, pinned it on Pinterest and am now sharing on my blog this photo along with a message to spread the word about Celiac disease.

Here is what I wrote on Facebook, along with changing my profile picture:

"A few years ago, I was struggling with many different medical issues before I was finally diagnosed with the autoimmune disorder Celiac disease. At this time, the only treatment for Celiac is to be completely 100% gluten free. May is National Celiac Awareness Month, and I am changing my profile picture along with the rest of the Celiac community to help raise awareness for this disease that so many unknowingly suffer from, and for those of us who live in a constant paranoid state over the contents of our food. Being gluten free is not just a fad diet, or a "healthier" choice for me. It is a necessity, and a way of life. To learn more about this disease go to celiaccentral.org.

(I say "healthier" because it is not healthier for one to eliminate (whole) wheat from their diets unless they have a gluten sensitivity.)"

Feel free to copy this status, and use this photo to spread the word! I hope to see this image many times throughout the media-sphere this month!

*to read about my journey to a Celiac diagnosis, go here.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!