20130211

Dairy Free Chocolate Hazelnut Spread//Homemade Nutella



Ladies and Gentlemen, 
Raise your hands if you love Nutella.

I know all your hands are sky high, mine would be too. But I need my hands to type this right now.


This chocolatey, hazelnutty treat is amazingly delicious.
Its creamy yumminess can be spread in a gazillion different ways. Just look at my pinterest boards, basically any recipe that includes Nutella, I have it on there.
They are also the pins that I can guarantee a certain sister of mine will repin everytime. 
Loving Nutella is genetic in this family.


The only problem with Nutella?

Its full of gunk.
Its got soy, and milk and artificial flavors.

We don't want any of that stuff.


Remember I said a love of Nutella is genetic?
This seester of mine, made this for me a few months back and posted it here.
She originally got the recipe from right over here.

Click over to either one for complete recipe.

But I'll share my snaps of the process for ya right on this spot:


What you need:
1 1/2 cups Hazelnuts 
(I got roasted, so I didn't have to roast them myself. time is money ya know)
10 squares Bakers semi-sweet Chocolate 
(or 1 bag Enjoy Life Chocolate Chunks for soy free)
1 can full-fat Coconut Milk
1/2 cup Sugar 
(you can use any sweetener like maple syrup, coconut sugar, etc. this is just all that I had on hand)
a dash of Salt


Crush the Hazelnuts until fine


It will get moist when pureed like so.


In saucepan, melt together sugar, milk and salt.


Melt chocolate in double boiler.


Once melted, add chocolate to hazelnut and mix.
Than, while running add milk mixture.


Pour into jar, and let cool.

Thats it!
Literally takes less than fifteen minutes to make. So easy!

Store in fridge, or freezer.



Creamy and delicious!


Tomorrow, I may or may not have a special reason for making said goodness.
and the reason why I may not eat the whole jar tonight by the spoonful.


Enjoy!

side note: I realized my spread looks really liquidy in these pics--this is because it has not been completely cooled when these were taken. After sitting in the fridge, said spread gets thicker.(not too thick-but about the same density as actual, real Nutella)

**Post edit: This is what it looks like after setting in the fridge overnight.
Perfection




2 comments:

  1. Does this need to be stored in the fridge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It keeps for about a week in the fridge. It probably could keep longer, but it will all be eaten by then for sure!

      Delete