20130412

Some things to be said on this Friday


:: I acquired this egg cup from the target clearance section for thirty cents. I didn't even know it was thirty cents until I bought it; I was pretty darn happy to find it in the dollar bin. Why do I need an egg cup you might ask. Who really ever needs an egg cup I ask you back. I also got some brown eggs. Brown eggs make me tremendously happy, for some reason. It makes me feel all fancy and French inside. Do the French eat brown eggs? Probably, and they most likely eat them from egg cups.

:: I also found some sets of colorful rice bowls for three dollars. I cannot even tell you how giddy I am over them right now. Marshall's aka TJMaxx aka Home Goods = my happy place. Most especially the clearance section, even more so when I am not dirt poor. Actually I'm pretty sure I am poorer than the dirt, so that phrase doesn't quite work for me.
I also found a cookbook about asparagus. Because who doesn't need that in their lives.
I also may have discovered why I am so poor.


:: Daffodil bulbs are popping up all over the yard and I picked up a new hydrangea (my favorite!) plant yesterday. Hopefully both will keep their lives through summer.

:: I saw The Host last week. Still not sure what I think about it. What I do know, is that if I where hiding from aliens, in a cave, where all they seem to eat is bread form their wheat field. I would not make it. No one really would actually, why not grow a potato or beans or something?
Which leads me to the question, if you had to choose between staving to death, or eating a food that you know will hurt you; what would you do? Starve, or pain.
(I mean like serious sensitivities, not allergies that will send you into anaphylaxis and kill you. Thats a whole nether can of worms.)

:: I added carrot juice to my green smoothies this week, just to shake it up. As I feel when drinking carrot juice, the first sip tastes like dirt. but then it gets better. I'm thinking about pre-packaging the ingredients and or blended smoothie and freezing it, to pull one out each day. Any experiences doing so?

:: Every time I go to Costco, and see those delicious samples that are inedible to me; I get a little sad inside. The other day, there was one I could eat! oh happy day! It was dried coconut strips.(I'm sure you've seen them, they aren't new) They tasted like a dirty diaper. No, I have not eaten a dirty diaper, but if I were too-I'm pretty sure thats what it would taste like.

:: I decided to construct an entire ark via photoshop because I could not find an image on the internet I liked. Then I had to also construct characters/items for the story because they had to match the image style of the boat. This for a bunch of three year olds, who only care if I brought them goldfish to eat or not. Why do I do these things to myself?

:: I made pecan bars the other day. It was a bad idea.
I had finally cleaned out the various sugars from recent holidays, and then I ruined it. I really just wanted chocolate chip cookies (or maybe just the dough...) but I had no chocolate chips to be found. A certain partaker of bars asked me if I was going to blog them, because they were so good. That certain partaker obviously did not remember eating half the tray of said bars several months ago. I am also pretty sure I am allergic to pecans, judging from the itchy situation that went on in my mouth, but did I let that stop me? No. I'm a trooper all right.

:: I just had something really clever to say while I was writing the last paragraph, and I have completely forgotten what it was all about. I think I may have dementia. It was really clever though, I'm pretty sure.


:: I have not cooked a single dinner meal, so far this week. (not counting the pecan bars) A lot of enjoy life's crunchy flax cereal has been consumed. I did however cook/bake up a storm over the weekend. Including eating that egg salad sandwich up there^^ I get a craving for an egg salad sandwich exactly once a year, at Easter time. I make it, then realize its not really my favorite thing; hence why I only eat it once a year. This year, I added bacon to it (and homemade bread^^) and it rocked the world, breakfast style.

:: I have a couple recipes that have been sitting here all week. One of these days they will enter the blogosphere. :)

but for now, have a happy-happy Friday!

x kiss-kiss. x




9 comments:

  1. This post made me laugh. Good times. We make "smoothie bags" all the time. We chop up fruit and veggies (fyi you can put the entire carrot in there, not just the juice) and put together in mixes in quart ziplocs. You can freeze the greens,too. They are gross thawed, but smoothied, who cares. Anyways, I let them thaw enough that I can break the fruit/veggie pieces apart a little (or thaw with water, but never nuke in microwave), then dump it in the blender with whatever else (I usually add some raw ACV, coconut oil and chia or flax, sometimes raw honey) & blend away. Saves a lot if time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried blending them before freezing? I put the carrot juice to add a little liquid, I'm not sure a whole carrot would work the same way. I'll have to try putting some of that other stuff in there too!

      Delete
  2. I have and frozen in mason jars. It works, but takes a long time to thaw. I'm usually too lazy to go to all the trouble of premaking them when I can just throw all the parts in bags :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just to lazy to use and wash the blender everyday...

      Delete
  3. Your one-woman egg cup is still cracking me up. Like you refuse to eat eggs with others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'cause lets be real--when, aside from this picture, am I ever going to use said egg cup again? I like my eggs scrambled, and not in a cup.

      Delete
    2. and they only had one. The other two there had chicken feet on them, and thats just weird.

      Delete
  4. A chicken-feet egg cup is kind of creepy. Like eating a hamburger while you're dressed as a cow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats what I thought. Mom thought it was cute.

      Delete