20101122

Gluten Free Cornbread Stuffing

I'm very sorry to have left the countdown in suspense.


There was a situation.

laptop vs. cup of water


glass-of-water.jpg


Unfortunately, the water won.


But I'll make it up to you, I promise.

I have been Gluten-Free for a little over a year now. So, last year was my first GF Thanksgiving.

I've never particularly cared for stuffing, but of course once I wasn't going to be able to eat it: stuffing was all over my brain.

It really comes done to two decisions on stuffing: cornbread, or non-cornbread.

I chose cornbread.

Here it is:

    • 1 package Bob Red Mill Cornbread (can be homemade as well)
      • mix in chopped fresh herbs (sage, thyme, tarragon)
      • cook according to directions in a jelly roll pan
      • let cool, and cut bread into small cubes
      • let dry overnight
    • sweat in saute pan approximately 1 cup chopped;
      • onions 
      • celery
      • mushrooms
    • app. 1/2 cup chopped apple and/or water chestnuts
    • 1 cup fresh cranberries
    • Combine vegetables and fruit mixtures to cornbread cubes.
    • Add 1 cup melted butter. (can be omitted for dairy-free)
    • pour on chicken stock. (when you think its getting to moist, keep on pouring)
    • Cook in 350degree oven for about 30mins. or until brown and slightly dryer than when you put it in...
This is about what my stuffing will be this year as well, with some twists.



I'll let you know how it goes in 5-10 business days.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!