20121212

12 Treats of Christmas: Muddy Buddies {#1}





To start off this excursion, I bring you one of my favorite treats on the planet.

It is easy and delicious, and can be made at any time in the year.
I'm sharing it with you as a Holiday treat, because it is a great treat to package up for your favorite neighbors.



They are basically the easiest thing in the world to make; I remember it being a recipe I could do all by myself when I was a kid, and my mother would make them a lot as a special after school snack.




and heres the recipe folks:



Chex Muddy Buddies
{aka puppy chow,  reindeer food, yummy chocolate things, etc.}


9 cups Rice chex
1 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chunks
1/2 cup Peanut Butter*
1/4 cup Dairy Free butter
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 1/2 cups corn free Powdered Sugar {I use Trader Joes}

-In large bowl, measure out cereal; set aside
-In microwave safe bowl, measure out chocolate, peanut butter and butter. Microwave on high for 1 minute, stie and continue cooking in 30 second periods until mixture stirs smooth.
-Stir in vanilla, and pour mixture over cereal, mixing until evenly coated.
-Pour mix into 2-gallon resealable bag, and add powdered sugar. Shake until cereal is coated with sugar.
-Spread on to waxed paper to cool.


{*I like to use crunchy peanut butter-the peanuts get coated with chocolate/sugar and are delicious! I have also made this recipe with both almond and sunflower butters and it still tasted great-the mixture was a little bit runnier though, so less butter can be added}


Enjoy!


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!