20120805

Gluten free for the Gold

It's olympic time around here, in case you didn't know.

I love the olympics-always have always will; summer, winter, doesn't matter which.

In honor of these glorious olympic days, lets take a look at the select few summer olympians who have joined the gluten free team.

My favorite summer sporting event is swimming. Which is strange, because I absolutely hated watching my brothers swim meets growing up. hated. it. Especially water polo, b-o-r-i-n-g. I still think that about water polo actually. Anyhoo,

you may have noticed this fine swimming lady this year


Dana Vollmer got herself a couple medals this year, and it is for sure attributed to her new gf life. I bet you I could totally be an olympic swimmer now that I'm gluten free. Or maybe not, because I can't swim.  I am sure however, that since she was diagnosed last year, that she has become a better swimmer. Keep up the good work Dana, and try to keep you cap from falling of next olympic go-around.


This guy, tennis player Novak Djokovic has also improved his game, and health, by going gf. He actually does claim that his gluten intolerance diagnosis helped his game. He was made into a fitter, faster, healthier and more physically fit athlete.



Runner Andrew Steele went gluten free to help treat his diagnosis of Epstein-Barr virus, which helped prevent his chronic injuries.


Pole Vaulter Jenn Suhr is one of the worlds top rated in her sport. She suffered from all the traditional Celiac symptoms that eventually led to a proper diagnosis.


So faithful reader, you to can win a gold medal someday.


All you have to do is be gluten free!



See you all in Rio 2016!!

{I'll also see you all next week, with some more fabulous stories}















1 comment:

  1. I think you probably need some sort of disclaimer...or warranty...on this post...

    ReplyDelete